lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

My wife and I have been living with her mother for the last

My wife and I have been living with her mother for the last few months. I've paid her for letting us stay here, and she is now claiming that we've not given her anything and she wants us out of her house. I was wondering if its legal for her to just kick us out over night, or does she have to give us pepper notice?
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

You have the rights of a tenant. She has to give you a 30 day written notice to vacate the property. Then if you do not move she will have to file for a judicial eviction. Sorry that you are having this problem but she would have the right to properly evict you.