lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

Bexar County (Texas) has guardianship of sister who has mental

Bexar County (Texas) has guardianship of sister who has mental retardation. I would like to take the responsibility of taking care of her and moving her to my home in Dallas. How to I gain guardianship of her?
Thanks for using JA. I will do my best to answer your questions. DON’T FORGET, your deposit is not used to compensate me until you rate my service.

You would file in the probate court in Bexar and ask the judge to make you the guardian.

Here is information (click on the link to watch the videos) and associated forms. The forms will be the same except for the county. However, the Bexar clerk of court should be able to provide you with the correct forms for that county.

This is a huge responsibility and you are to be complemented for being willing to take it on.