Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

In Suffolk County New York are 2 people on probation allowed

In Suffolk County New York are 2 people on probation allowed to live im the same house
.
Are you talking about probation for some misdemeanor offenses or some type of parole from prison?
.
What were the offenses that caused the parties to be on probation?
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My daughter probably will have misdemeamor charges The other person im not sure i think drugs

Ok, as long as they are not on parole, then there is no restriction on two people who are on probation living together unless the court makes that a specific restriction on their probation. This would be pretty unlikely as the courts don't typically restrict the freedom of association of misdemeanor offenders. Parolees typically have a restriction on being around other felons or associating with them. But this normally doesn't apply to people who are on misdemeanor probation for violations.
.
Even if one person was on parole from prison and the other person was on probation, there wouldn't be a restriction unless specifically stated in the terms of probation or parole.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! Please don't forget to rate my service "OK" or higher. It is only then that I receive credit for my work.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

.

I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation but I don't make the laws, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time.

.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Hello again,
.
I discussed your question with another expert here on JA and wanted to post some more info. If they are already living together, and the probation officer knows about it, then there likely wouldn't be a problem. But if they are moving in together after being placed on probation, the probation officer would have to be made aware of this and could potentially disapprove of them living together. So it would be best to run it by any probation officer to get his/her blessing so there is no possibility of it being a violation.
.
Thanks