Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

There were twotypos (clerical errors) in my divorce decree.

There were twotypos (clerical errors) in my divorce decree. The Judge said to just file an amemded decree np mption. How do I note on the decree "Amended"? Does it go in the header, footer or title, i.e."Decree of Divorce"?
Hello, my name is Ely. I am here to help you. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not to tell you what you necessarily wish to hear. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

This is a common matter, actually. Normally, the decree is simply entitled "Decree of Divorce."

If you are seeking to amend it, the decree would be called "Amended Decree of Divorce," and that is what the TITLE of the decree would be. It is that simple.

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY button to keep talking, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then SUBMIT, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.