P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.

I borrowed money with out my husband knowing because he took

I borrowed money with out my husband knowing because he took off and left me paying all the bills I have a small pay and working full time I cant make ends meet. He is know saying he is not going to give me money to pay the mortage what are my rights when trying to pay bills.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Not sure I understand...are you in the middle of divorce? Or are you planning divorce?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not in a divorce yet I borrowed the money from his account with intensions to pay back He is planning a divorce this is his second time leaving the first time it was for 2 years. Im afraid he will leave me holding the bag and not get money to pay for mortage. What are my rights

Thank you

Prior to filing for divorce you have few rights...that is, it is not possible to go to the court and have the court order him to pay you money. The court will not get involved in your marital finances unless or until one of you files for divorce.

That said, if you do file for divorce, you would have a right to a fair split of the marital property. And you fair split of the marital debts.

So if he is not helping with the mortgage, the court can order him to do so.

But as I mention, they court will not do this unless or until one of you files for divorce.

If you file for divorce, as part of the filing you can ask the court for a temporary support order. This is actually quite common. Particularly if he has a history of not paying the bills

BotXXXXX XXXXXne: if you file for divorce, you can request the court order he contribute to the marital debts.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help I greatly appreciate it.

Best of luck with this mess