max713
max713, Lawyer
Experience:  I am responsive, respectful, and relentless.
68040893

i,m recently divorced after leaving my husband awhile ago because

Customer Question

i,m recently divorced after leaving my husband awhile ago because of things he was doing, we originally agreed on joint visitation, legal and physical, however, because i seen on his conputer awhile ago,[6-8 mos ago], child porn sites, and he collects girls panties, i want to go for full custody of everything. can i do it without a lawyer and will i lose medicaid and child support, foodstamps etc
Category: Family Law
Expert:  max713 replied 2 years ago.

max713 :

Hi, I'm trained and experienced in family law, and I would love to help you through your current situation. Assuming you feel this substantially affects his parenting abilities or the fitness of your home, it might be sufficient enough to constitute the "substantial change in circumstances" required to get a changed order of custody or visitation. If so, you can motion for a change of custody or visitation. To do so on your own would be difficult as you would have to prove your case without assistance from an attorney (assuming you chose not to retain one). You will not likely lose medicaid or foodstamps, and you would certainly not lose child support.

max713 :

Remember, this is for informational purposes only; it does not constitute advice.

max713 :

Does that make sense/

max713 :

?

Customer:

if i went to the cops about the child porn, would the friend of the court change custody if he got arrested

max713 :

One second please.

max713 :

The Friend of the Court might help under these facts, yes.

max713 :

DHS might step in also under these facts, to facilitate custody.

max713 :

Remember, this is not advice but information only.

max713 :

I'm so sorry this has happened; it's truly a disgusting thing that he engages in such activities (assuming you can prove to the police that he does).

max713 :

Do you have any further questions? I'm here to serve you.

Customer:

i can't afford an attorney at this time, what can i do. can i keep my son from him now and when he complains to the court then let them know whats going on or will i get in trouble for not following the visitation arraingment

max713 :

You cannot just take him as that would be contempt. You can report the matter to the police, and then take the child during the proceedings (and contact Friend of the Court before doing so, to ask them to help).

max713 :

Remember, this is not advice, but information only.

Customer:

how do i prove what he was doing, i have my sister as she seen the site he was on, i showed her for witness purposes, and also my mother whom i will not let see my son because of the things she did to us kids growing up. can i bring them to the cops too. or is it circumstantial or hearsay

max713 :

You could bring them as witnesses absolutely. Also, his internet history will reveal what he looked at (unless he cleared his cache).

max713 :

Do you have any further questions? I'm still here to serve you.

Customer:

not at this time, thank you

max713, Lawyer
Experience: I am responsive, respectful, and relentless.