Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Ex husband has failed to make mandatory house payments and

Ex husband has failed to make mandatory house payments and I have received eviction notices in the past. He is behind again and I am worried it will happen again. Is it possible to have the court redirect the payment to the court. This amount is alimony and child support.
Hello, my name is Ely. I am here to help you. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not to tell you what you necessarily wish to hear. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you.

I am very sorry for your situation. In such a matter, individuals in your situation may wish to file what is known as a "contempt" matter. You see, while he caught up in the end, he was still not following the decree and this caused you harm. Only then did he make the payment, and now, he is behind again.

Contempt is how someone enforces an order in Florida. Otherwise, the order from the Court is just a sheet of paper. Contempt carries with it admonishment, fines, order to pay for your costs in bringing the motion, and even jail for continuous/brazen/malicious contempt.

You can find the motion itself and the step by step guide on how to file it and what to expect here.

You'd file this, serve him, and have a hearing on it. Judges do not take too kindly to individuals not following their orders, and he may be threatened with a jail cell and ordered - warned - to make payment and do whatever is necessary to catch up, or else.

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY button to keep talking, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then SUBMIT, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.