Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

RA RR

Customer Question

what if an attorney has given you the fee expected, but the attorney keeps adding more charges (a child support, paternity case) every month. You have already paid around $12,000 and they want $12,000 more. The attorney decides ti withdraw from the case because the client can't pay any more money. The case is not over and documents need to be filed. what do you do?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Did you and the attorney agree upon a flat fee for the entire case? If so, do you have that in writing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, there was no set fee, however an attorney in that state has contacted me and we will proceed with the next step. Thank you for your time and assistance.