This is actually a US law question specifically in Orange County California.
1. I telephoned the Ombudsman for the Child Support Office in OC and they could not locate a file, saying that they only have access for the last four years and only cases that they officially represented and also cases before 1994 are not in the system.
2. I called a clerk to search the court file under my name, my minor son's name SSN and also my x boyfriend's name. They also said it might have been shipped off somewhere in the Federal Archives especially being that the case was closed due to me signing off the enforcement and also the wage guarnishment and also that the file was not opened any longer and thus no reason for the new agency name to keep it in current system.
3. My x was served via the process servers of the court to his address at Shearson Lehman in OC at the time. He accepted the documents, responded to the documents via filing income and expense declaration.
The order came back at 34% because it was for basic support with no visitation nor custody (and he never bothered to petition for any visitation, nor custody nor shared parentage; also due to his horrific abuse, he did not bother because he already knew from his arrests of domestic abuse, he would get none. There is only one file under his arrest, but because at the time the victim was allowed to sign off on the prosecution, i participated with his pressure, intimidation and further victimization by signing off to the DA and he got off SCOT FREE for the abuse.
He also continued to victimize and assault me. In essence he was never held accountible. The laws are now changed not allowing the victim to sign off.
4. There MUST be minutes recorded?
5. Because the DA was actually representing my son as a minor child and we were not married, the file MIGHT be sealed and shipped off to a Federal Archive (might need to file motion to petition to get the sealed file open and find out the whereabouts)
6. My X worked for Shearson Lehman Bros. which then became Shearson Hutton, and the address is in Irvine. THEY MUST HAVE EMPLOYMENT RECORDS AND RECORDS OF THE GUARNISHMENT as they deducted....
7. My X does not contest he has a son and sent him some money personally in University.
8. My X is easy to locate is an ignorant moron and would divulge every and anything verbally and it could be taped or recorded to be used in court if said order was LOST. Between my affidavit and his own stupidity, the record of said order could be brought to the court by the sheer referral of it.
9. The first few months of his employment income were guarnished for 1988 and thus for his IRS filings, he would have most likely deducted the child support as a deduction and this might be other supporting evidence.
10. IF the order is lost permanently and the court will not honor the arrears, he still has to pay for the expenses for which he refused and I sitll have 200k for the 18 years of receipts for his son's life.
11. A motion could be filed to collect on this and then get him on stand to admit to the court order service and any other elements of the order.
12. Even if no order will be granted for the arrears, I still have time in California before my son turns 25 (three weeks..lol) to file a motion to submit the unpaid expenses.
13. I would also like to sue for abuse because of the long history and the statute is nulified due to the current abuse (he tried unsuccessfully to have me charged recently in OC for criminal harrassment due to emailing him for my child support and calling him a co****cker.
his cop buddy friend emailed me in Canada threatened me that if I did not call him immediatley he would file a charge . I admitted to it and said I was proud of saying it and meant every word.
I went on to give him the abuse arrest record and incident reports from years of abuse he subjected me too)
The cop tried to push it ahead with the DA but the DA said NO WAY!
BUT both my X and the cop used the looming pending 'malicious' and 'outrageous' prosecution as a tool to oppress, debase, dehuminize and deter if not defraud me out of my child support by this fear imposed.
My X told my son in written emails that the FBI would be extraditing me to the US for the CS use of wording.
The cop continued to tell me he knew nothing of any warrant and I continued to telephone Newport Beach police for an entire year in fear of my liberty being sabotaged for this so called arrest warrant.
The police officer alluded that he could not give me any more information about the case (all in documented emails) all the WHILST KNOWING THE DA WOULD NOT PROSECUTE BY OVER A YEAR!
He alongside my abuser x revictimized me by and I started needing therapy for PTSD and still am suffering and am in therapy.
I am a stock promoter and can prove millions of dollars in damages wherein my work and performance and concentration is handicapped by the abuse years ago, if not his arrest attempt.
Which brings me back that if I bring on a domestic abuse case, the court order could be a major question that another motion might actually give credence to the missing order and case.
Or by a long shot, sue the administration of the goddamn courts for miscarriage of justice due to losing the file/order thereby compromising my child support entitlement.
Anyhow, even if the order is lost, my son might be entitled to inheritance rights and also the minimum poverty level established of minium of the courts, however should have been entitled to his lifestyle that was lavish and extravagant and STILL IS.
IF you google me, you can join me on linked in if you want to take my case.
THE SMILES DID NOT SHOW UP FOR ME TO CLICK.
PLEASE RESEND THE SMILES....
DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.
The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).