Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.

1. Per Stipulation Order in Louisiana 16 year old youth is

1. Per Stipulation Order in Louisiana 16 year old youth is to reside with grandparents(until) he attends either a Boarding School or Youth Challenge Program.
2. The choice is up to the Youth and to be discussed in counselling.
Domiciliary Parent is to pay for all fees associated with the program chosen.
3. Domiciliary parent who lives in Louisiana, has NOT followed the order or has he exercised what was ordered in the stipulation.
Currently the teen lives with maternal parents not Domiciliary parent

My question

Once the teen receives his GED through the program, at 16 can the NON Domiciliary parent / just pay for college in Texas and have the child enroll into college in Texas

Parents have Shared Custody but the Stipulation Order does not state what happens after the Stipulation is exercised. So what happens to the kid if nothing is ordered or written/ since the kid would have his GED at 16
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
The child support would still be required until the child at least turns 18 in Louisiana. As far as payment for college, this is solely up to the court, since you do not mention anything in the order about paying for college and absent anything in the court order about college, the parent does not have to pay anything for that. If the parent is in violation of the court's order at this point you have to file for a Rule to Show Cause for Contempt of Court and have the court order the compliance. As far as the college issue, you have to file a motion to modify the child support order to have this included in the court order.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

If you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT AND BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No child support is ordered

My question can the 16 year old with the GED come to Texas and go to college if I pay for it - since the stipulation order does not state where the child goes after the order has been exercised

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can the 16 year old with the GED go to Texas and go to college if I pay for it since thier is NOTHING written or ordered

,

No child support is ordered 

Not the way that order is written above. If the order states he stays with grandparents until he goes to boarding school or completes the challenge program, he has to do one of those two things unless you get the court to modify the order.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok once he has completed one of the 2 things what happens to the child where does he go
Once he completes one of those two things, if he is not yet 18, then the court would have to revisit the order and decide, as the order does not specify, but if he completes the program and is 18 he is free to go wherever he chooses.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.