How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 101607
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my wife has not been served divorce paper in delaware county

This answer was rated:

my wife has not been served divorce paper in delaware county it has been five months constable must do it what is my course of action
Hello, my name is Ely. I am here to help you. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a reply. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not to tell you what you necessarily wish to hear.

I am sorry for your situation. Actually, the matter is much easier solved than most individuals believe. To understand who, we must understand how service of process works.

To serve someone, you have to serve them:

1) via constable;
2) via certified mail, or
3) via process server.

Now, a constable normally does the job, but they make take a while because it really is up to the constable when to make the delivery. Some are better than others.

Certified mail is also an option, although she can refuse acceptance. So this is a possibly.

Private process service is the best scenario. You can simply request a copy of the summons and the petition from the court and give it to the private process server who will track and serve the individual. While costing a little extra (normally about $75 or so), they are generally very quick at their job. See here:

They are generally very good at what they do and are very quick to remedy the situation.

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY TO EXPERT to keep talking, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then SUBMIT, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.
Ely and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you