Experience:  New York Attorney

i ahve been served a motion for contempt on visitation. the

i ahve been served a motion for contempt on visitation. the allegations are baseless can i can i answer the motion or file a misc. motion asking for costs on this as it is time consuming. I am pro se but have consulted with attys on this . also this contempt motion was a recation to my motion for contempt for violation of a court order on this i am owed $20,000 do i have to ask for interest or will the magistrate include it when this is ruled in my favor

Good Day ,

I am a US Attorney and I'll be answering your question today. My advice is restricted to advice surrounding the general principles of law governing your issue and you should not act on this advice but seek further clarification from a specialist in your County.

There seems to be a couple of separate issues. Non-payment of support in violation of a court order is in contempt of court.Similarly, the denial of visitation rights entitles a person to petition the court for contempt. Support arrears incur interest and will be directly applied by the judge.

You answer the contempt allegations in court.

Thank You for your question.

Please RATE my answer now either GOOD or EXCELLENT , so that I get credit for this answer and leave a BONUS if possible