max713
max713, Lawyer
Experience:  I am responsive, respectful, and relentless.
68040893

A child visitation schedule has been in effect for a year,

A child visitation schedule has been in effect for a year, Mother has custodal rights, Father has 8 days visitation. My son & grandaughter have moved into home of their own, as of this weekend. the mother is demanding physical address & knowledge of who lives there. She has mailing address & c#. Is that enough? Or does she have to have physical address? She says if we dont give her all info we will not get to see grandaughter.

max713 :

Hi, I'm trained and experienced in family law, and I would love to help you through your current situation. That is only required if required in the court order. Does the court order require this?

max713 :

If not, her refusing to allow him his court ordered visits would be contempt of court order.

max713 :

Remember, this is legal information and not legal advice.

max713 :

Does that make sense?

Customer: no it is not stated in court order. Only in child support portion does it say residential address. He is current in child support & it is automatically taken from wages.
max713 :

Got it. In that case, she has no right to refuse visitation on the basis that he doesn't provide information which he is under no legal obligation to provide.

max713 :

Does that make sense?

Customer: How can we establish that she is manipulating & controlling. If it isnot her way she threatens to take cgrandaughter from us
max713 :

She cannot take the child from the father. If she does, that is contempt (and proof itself). You can document dates when she doesn't show up with the child (and retain emails, texts, or other paper trail to later prove that)

max713 :

... the order is that she delivers the child to the father (to clarify, document when she misses visitations, when she is supposed to bring the child to the father).

max713 :

Does that make sense?

Customer: Thank u.
Customer: What about demanding to know who lives in home with them?
max713 :

Unless a court order requires it, that cannot be a condition to her fulfilling her obligation per court order (i.e. allowing him his court ordered visitation).

max713 :

Does that make sense?