Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

in nj can i go after the women who had an affair with my husband

in nj can i go after the women who had an affair with my husband - she knew he was married.
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

My name is FiveStarLaw. Although I am a lawyer, my answers are information only and do not form an attorney/client relationship.

I will do my best to provide you with helpful information. If the information which I provide is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.

You are referring to the heart balm action of alienation of affection. Unfortunately the state of New Jersey does not recognize heart balm actions.

Criminal conversation, alienation of affection and seduction are not actionable in New Jersey. Only Illinois, Hawaii, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Dakota and Utah recognize these actions.

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please let me know if I have answered your question or whether you would like further information.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so legally there is nothing at all that I can proceed legally with. Not one statue...ANYTHING I would like to ruffle her feathers

Unfortunately, unlike some states, adultery is not a crime in New Jersey.It is merely a ground for divorce.

I wish that there was a statute that would be helpful to you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can any forms of harassment be put on her if my husband has communicated to her to leave him alone and she continually calls - she even rented a second home around the block from us to be near him

These facts change the situation entirely

It appears that the women may be guilty of stalking under New Jersey's Statute 2C:12–10. You can read a description of the application the stalking law at this link:

If you would take a moment to click the rating tab to rate my work, I would appreciate it. My goal is EXCELLENT and I hope your rating reflects that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the women who had the affair with my husband resides in ny, does that change anything or give me any grounds via ny laws

Unfortunately it does not alter my answer