Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law

my x boyfriend is making threats that he has all my information

my x boyfriend is making threats that he has all my information including bank accounts, ss# XXXXX my credit cards. And he said he has a buddy that works for FBI that is going to provide him all this information and everything there is to know about me. He already sent me a tex of my new PO BOX and my mothers address. He is also saying that he will call in a bomb threat linking it to me. He knows my safe deposit box information my passport. I do have a recording of him threatening me. I just hope that its good enough to get restraining order against him. Im just worried for my life. He really wants revenge. I really dont want to put him in jail. I just need to know how to protect my personal information from him. Hes really smart and i know he can ruin me financially. Thats his goal. I did recently move and he dosent know where i live but im worried about his friend from FBI helping him out with that.
Hello and welcome,

I am very sorry to hear of your difficult situation.

It sounds as though your ex may be gaining information about you illegally, so if you can determine how he is gaining access to your personal information, he could be criminally prosecuted, as well as any individual who is aiding him in that.

Therefore, I would report this threat, as well as the threat to your safety to the local police. Having a police report on file documenting the threats would typically aid in gaining a restraining order as well.

Here is a link that provides information and forms to seek a restraining order. The site is through the Sacramento courts, but the information and forms would typically be usable in any state court.

If you are concerned he may engage in identity theft as well, it would typically be best to place a fraud alert on your credit reports, so your creditors are aware that someone may be attempting to misuse your identity.

Here is a link that provides more information on that:

It has been my pleasure to assist you. Please remember to press the smiley faces/stars on the right of your screen when we are finished with our communication so I will be credited for my time.

Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain your concern to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to you or not, so please don’t shoot the messenger.

Thank you very much and all the best to you,

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have: