Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

This is to Ely.Appreciate the help.Have 1 more question.I have

This is to Ely.Appreciate the help.Have 1 more question.I have this house up for sale,the inheritance one.IF I sell my inheritance is the spouse entitled to any proceeds from the sale of the house(Inheritance)?Should I have legal counsel present at this child support hearing on OCt.17th.?I have not received a summons or a pleading from her or the courts as of yet.
Hello friend and thank you for requesting me.

IF I sell my inheritance is the spouse entitled to any proceeds from the sale of the house(Inheritance)?

Just as the house itself is an inheritance and as such, belongs to you, so does the money. Ergo, she should not receive any amount from the sale. However, if you sell it, make sure to keep the money separate from the marital accounts, i.e. set up another account to have that money in - commingling the accounts may lead to the property becoming marital: "...because of the presumption that commingled funds are community property." Tex. Family Code Ann. § 5.02 (1971) V. T.C.A.; Tarver v. Tarver, 394 S.W.2d 780, 783 (Tex.1965).

Finally, sometimes Courts come up with variations of division of property especially where the kids are involved which sometimes gives the custodial parent the right to live in the home even though it is yours, as long as she pays the mortgage or rent to you, until the child is 18, etc. So I would not sell until you ask the Court for permission to do so.

Should I have legal counsel present at this child support hearing on OCt.17th.? I have not received a summons or a pleading from her or the courts as of yet.

YES. Although you may not have received the pleading, that means that you may not have been served yet, perhaps, or she said she served you... either way, an attorney is recommended.

May I recommend the Texas Bar Referral program...

http://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Lawyer_Referral_Service_LRIS_

...the attorneys are vetted and qualified and the service is free. Then you can cross-reference the name(s) on www.avvo.com for client reviews, Bar history, and metrics.

Doing this, you should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP.

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY TO EXPERT to keep talking, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then SUBMIT, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.