Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am supposed to have a pending court appointment In Mass.

I am supposed to have a pending court appointment In Mass. probate court in Essex. My Lawyer says that it has been requested. It involves my brother who has dementia and is a request for conservator appointment. It has been a month and I have yet to get any info from my attorney. How do I check and see if the request has even been filed?
Hello, my name is Ely. I am here to help you. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a reply. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not to tell you what you necessarily wish to hear.

I am very sorry for your situation. The answer is yes. You are free to call the court's clerk of coordinator (some clerks have one person serving both functions) and asking them to run a search under your name to see if there are any open cases in their Court.

The main number in Salem is(NNN) NNN-NNNNx383 for Probate Court. In Lawrence, it would be(NNN) NNN-NNNN

The Court should be able to tell you if you show up as a party in an open suit.

If for some reason the clerk/coordinator cannot pull you up (sometimes the system will not allow it without a cause number), ask to be transferred to the RECORDS department who should then be able to do a search by name.

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY TO EXPERT to keep talking, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then SUBMIT, because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you feel that a month is a long time to wait after I have paid filing fees and advertisement fees and lawyer fees. This situation is pressing and the attorny is aware of that. He has already charged me $2,000 and I have yet to see any progress.

Hello Lisa,

It is hard to say. Normally, it may take 1-2 weeks to file (drafting may take a while), but some more time (1-3 weeks) to serve someone. So while this is a bit of a long time, there may be some reasonable explanation for it. However, he should have at least FILED the petition by now, arguably.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I get it ..sounds like I don't have the best representation. Thank you for your help

You are very welcome. Good luck, and please don't forget to rate my answer in one of top three faces and then SUBMIT – it is the only way I get credit for my time with you.