Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 14 years experience
19958803

can i sue my wife for liable and is that under family law or

can i sue my wife for liable and is that under family law or personal injury
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
.
What exactly is she doing?
.
Is she making verbal negative statements or is she publishing written comments?
.
Are you still married?
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes still married

she is accusing me of terrible things to our children

and has published lies about me on facebook and

has stirred up some of her dangerous freinds to make death threats

and I fear for my life. she has been trying to get me arrested and has been abusive to me. her freind or supposes to be freind has been known to be involved in witchcraft and has been seen boasting about how she killed her husband to get his money. and we have been married 38 years happily and now this personality change thelast few years

Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Ok, if she is posting false statements that are harming your reputation or standing in the community, then you would have grounds to sue for defamation and libel. The problem is that unless she has separate assets you can get, you would essentially be suing yourself. However, you could also ask for injunctive action against her to prevent her from making any further false statements about you under threat of contempt of court and actual jailtime.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry, this site seems to malfunction and i dont realize your response has shown up behind another page.

if she trys to get all my disability income can that judgement be deducted from what she takes fom me.

child support is not an issue even though I partially support my 4 adult children and there significant others and my grandchildren.

Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
I am not sure how she would get your disability income in the first place?
.
Are you going through a divorce?
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well it seems like its going that way despite my tireless efforts.

she is trying to get me to leave and i wont so she is doing all that she can to hurt and is gone all night long and through the following day many times

leaving us without transportation i have my daughter and one year old here and i am disabled recently out of nursing home am supposed to be under her care and i am going backwards in my recovery.

she is at the casino for hours as far as i can tell from clues here and there and reports from others and all the money gone

Expert:  Barrister replied 2 years ago.
Ok, if she is spending your money gambling, then it would be important for you to open an account strictly in your name to deposit the money into so she can't get at it. If you have direct deposit, you can notify the disability office and get them to change the account over. She can't gamble it away if she can't get access to it. You can give daughter permission to pay bills and other things instead of wife if she is going through your money.
.
But if you are getting divorced, it would be better to wait until after to sue her because then your judgment would be enforceable against her assets alone. Disability payments are not considered marital property and not subject to division in a divorce.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Barrister, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney with 14 years experience