Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

RA - CE

Customer Question

my daughter lives with her boyfreind for almost a year. They just had a daughter. everytime I call or visit i have to deal with her verably abusive boyfriend I am tired of it. He states I can not visit my grand daughter becasue he is mad I will not give them money everytime they ask. I told them I don't make money to pay for their expenses. He need to work if they need more money.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a question.

What is your question?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I get grandparent visitation in the state of Maryland or can I file with the court without a lawyer? I just want to spend time with my grand daughter without dealing with the BS of her boyfriend. They use my grand daughter as a pawn. If I don't give them money or what they want they say I can not see her. What in the world are these young people doing today.

Thank you for the information:

Response: You can file Complaint/Petition for Grandparent Visitation at the Circuit Court in the County where your grandchild resides with his parents. You can obtain the forms to file the Complaint for Visitation at the Courthouse in the Clerk's Office. The Court would grant your request for visitation of your grandchild if the Court finds that it is in the best interests of your grandchild to do so. You do not have to have an Attorney to file the Complaint for you. Click on the link below to find the proper Courthouse:

http://www.courts.state.md.us/circuit/directory.html

http://www.courts.state.md.us/