Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

If a individual is married and is 20 years old, would Suzannes

If a individual is married and is 20 years old, would Suzanne's Law still apply or does that marriage place the individual on the same status as a 21 year old.

Suzanne's law is a Federal law that requires if a person between the ages of 18 and 21 are missing that the state from which they are reported as a missing person use the Amber Alert system and to notify the National Crime Information Center.

Therefore, being married or not would not be a factor, if the person is under age 22 and reported missing.

With that being said, if the person has been reported missing then the Suzanne Law would apply even if they are married. The reported "missing person" would need to come forward and show they are in good condition, not in harm's way and married on their own free will and not a missing person.

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation. Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings so that I get credit for my time and information. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

If you cannot see where to Rate me, please let me know so I can report it to the administrators of the site.

Thank you.