Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
10707909

Reference a Summary Dissolution of Marriage in California..It

Reference a Summary Dissolution of Marriage in California..It states to use this proces s neither has interest or ownership in property. My question is I have a property in Texas a residential home I had this before the marriage here is California. Does this exclude me from the summary dissolution process?
Hi

If either of you have what is considered "separate property" worth more than $36,000 such as your Texas property you would not be eligible for the Summary Dissolution

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation. Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings so that I get credit for my time and information. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

If you cannot see where to Rate me, please let me know so I can report it to the administrators of the site.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I wanted to hear but what I did expect.

I like this site!

Hi

You're welcome. Yes, it is not an answer you wanted, but I don't write the laws. I only give you true and accurate information to questions asked.

Thank you for not confusing the message with this messenger

Thank you.