Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

My ex wife lost custodt of my son to her parents... The state

Customer Question

My ex wife lost custodt of my son to her parents... The state of Texas continued to deduct child support from my weekly paycheck until the beginning of this month. I just received a letter from the state of Tennessee stating that I was in arrears of $4600. How is this possible if I have been current up until a month ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer! I'm sorry to hear you are going through these difficult times but I will do my best to assist you.

I'll need a little more information before answering your question.

Where was the child support issued? Has it been modified in any other state since then?

Who lives in Texas and who lives in Tennessee?

Why did the state of Texas stop deducting child support this month?

Is the alleged arrears, mentioned in the letter your received from Tennessee, for the same child? What else does the letter say about the arrears?

Once I have more information (please remember to answer all questions) I will be glad to further assist you.