Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
10285032

I am going to do an ex-parte order and am just subbing out

I am going to do an ex-parte order and am just subbing out my attorney. I need to know how to notify his attorney of this emergency action. This a part of a divorce in the Superior Court of Loas Angeles at the Van Nuys court house, northwest district.
Your current attorney is correct, for the ex parte emergency hearing, a fax notice to opposing counsel is fine as this is an emergency hearing and "ex parte" means without the other party present.

I hope you found my answer helpful, but please understand that if you did not get all of the information you may have wanted PLEASE USE THE REPLY TO EXPERT LINK IF YOU HAVE FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND NOT THE FEEDBACK BUTTON FOR BAD SERVICE. PLEASE CLICK ON “OK,” “GOOD” or “EXCELLENT” SERVICE. Kindly remember to ONLY rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate anything less than OK, please stop and reply to me via the or REPLY TO EXPERT button with whatever issue or clarification you may need.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

And this can just be in a letter form correct? I don't have to fax her all the stuff I'm bringing with me to court. I can give her that stuff on the morning of court correct?

Right, it is just notice that you are going to court for the ex parte emergency hearing. The court will hear or decide on the ex parte motion you bring, but then will set a hearing typically within 10-30 days of your ex parte motion and the opposing counsel will get notice and copies of everything for that hearing if she does not show up on the time of the ex parte hearing. Remember, ex parte hearing means typically the other counsel is not there.