Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.

In the case of custody, can a court order an MRI for a parent

In the case of custody, can a court order an MRI for a parent that is suspected of being a sociopath?

A court may Order any type of behavioral testing to help ascertain if a parent is fit enough to share in custody.

An MRI, however, may be construed and argued that it is an "invasion of privacy". But there are many psychological tests that can be Court Ordered and conducted.

Please note that if you need more information, you can use the Reply to Expert to Continue the Conversation. Otherwise, I would appreciate positive ratings so that I get credit for my time and information. This will NOT close your question. It will remain active for future follow ups.

If you cannot see where to Rate me, please let me know so I can report it to the administrators of the site.

Thank you.