Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

is it true that full guardianship isnt given anymore?

is it true that full guardianship isn't given anymore?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

That is not true.

Full guardianship can be obtainer, however in many cases the courts would give limited physical guardianship to one guardian and financial guardianship to another guardian.

Keep in mind, that unless the son is either completely disabled or legally incompetent, guardianship might not even be a legal option.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is completely disabled; by the age of 3, he had two or three heart surgeries and stroked out at age 3 - was gone for 35 minutes which did the major damage. He cannot walk, has limited speech, cannot toilet or dress himself, cannot feed himself, etc.,

In that case it might be possible for this woman to obtain a full guardianship, but she would have to demonstrate to the court that she is fully capable of being a full guardian.

I would strongly suggest for this woman to consult and retain local guardianship attorney to represent her or if she can't afford an attorney, she can apply for free legal service through local legal aid.