Robert, Attorney
Experience:  I am a licensed Attorney.

Hello I wanted to know if my ex husband who was in the service

Customer Question

Hello I wanted to know if my ex husband who was in the service and then was a police officer for many years in Dc . passed away about 13 years ago. I was remarried when he passed,but now I am divorced from the second husband. am i entitled to any or all of his.. I was also married to him for 11 year.. before we divorced.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer!

I want to make sure I understand your question before answering.

Are you asking if you are entitled to a share of the inheritance from your first husband whom you had divorced prior to his death?

Once I have more information I will be glad to help you.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am wanting to know if i am entitled to his death benefits and social security. He he never remarried after we divorced

Expert:  Robert replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your follow-up.

Unfortunately, divorce cuts all rights that are associated with marriage regardless to whether or not the spouses remarry.

I know this is not the answer you were hoping for but this is the answer I must provide. Please let me know if you need me to further clarify my answer and I will do my best to so clarify. I am glad to help!

Thank you,