Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I have been in a relationship for 15 years with an Australian

Customer Question

I have been in a relationship for 15 years with an Australian citizen. I am a uk passport holder. We have lived together as a married couple for 15 years, but have lived in Malaysia for the whole time. We have properties in Malaysia, Australia( Perth but in partners name only and bought during the 15 years) and Cambodia. We have a succesful business jointly owned in Malaysia. My partner had an affair - I tried to work things out considering I the affair may have been due to her Menopause. I am 56 and she is 50. It is not working out and she has continued her affair, so we are in effect separated. Is there a legal route for property and other asset split?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your post.

Please be aware that we do not have a Malaysia based professional admitted to answering questions at JustAnswer. While I would be happy to research this for you, please be aware that I cannot guarantee that I would be able to find you a valid answer (although I have great experience in finding good information in such situations). Please advise if this would be acceptable to you. Thank you!