Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
26296561

Could an attorney who is familiar with FL Family law, and in

Could an attorney who is familiar with FL Family law, and in particular, 12.980(h) Request for Confidential Filing of Address, please respond ONLY? Thank you. XXXXX reads: "Any document that reveals the identity, home or employment telephone number, home or employment address, or personal assets of the victim of a crime and identifies that person as the victim of a crime, which document is received by any agency that regularly receives information from or concerning the victims of crime, is exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution. Any information not otherwise held confidential or exempt from s. 119.07(1) which reveals the home or employment telephone number, home or employment address, or personal assets of a person who has been the victim of sexual battery, aggravated child abuse, aggravated stalking, harassment, aggravated battery, or domestic violence is exempt from s. 119.07(1) and s. 24(a), Art. I of the State Constitution, upon written request by the victim, which must include official verification that an applicable crime has occurred."

Am I interpreting this correctly? If this form is filed by a domestic violence victim with an injunction for protection, entered on the docket, and certified by the clerk of the court, is it then binding upon ALL court personnel not to reveal the victim's address and telephone number?

Is the telephone number included?

Can court personnel, such as a Judicial Assistant, reveal such information to the abuser's attorney in a family court matter? Can a Judicial Assistant enter a letter containing the victim's address and telephone number on the court docket without redacting the confidential information?

NOTE: Thank you for your advice, but please do not state that an attorney should be retained in this matter. I do not have funds for one, and there are no law schools in the area where this matter is pending, and the only pro bono assistance is provided by Legal Aid, who will not take this case because there are no minor children. Domestic violence agencies in the area do not provide legal assistance. I have tried everything to find legal assistance that is humanly possible for 18 months now. I'm including this note because many of the attorneys here suggest hiring an attorney and that there are resources available, and it becomes a waste of their time for me to respond including all the places I've already tried. My goal is not to waste anyone's time. I respect your advice and time far too much for that.
Hello. My name isXXXXX am a Florida licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.

Did the court approve this request for confidential filing of address?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, it was certified by the clerk of the court. Not only that, but they sent it to the appellate court and informed them that my address *must* be kept confidential when they forwarded my notice of appeal.

Thank you for your follow up.

Under the facts that you are describing all contact information for the subject party should be kept confidential, including the phone number and should be redacted by the court in all communications/documents.