ANDREA,
ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law
20073497

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX am writing because i need some help with

Customer Question

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX am writing because i need some help with my sons right now me and they're dad have a custody agreement we set up where i can see them anytime but the problem is he is having his parents take care of them and doesnt want me in they're life the custody order was made in california and we all live in nevada it was made because my son had fell and broke his arm and nobody wanted to keep dealing with cps so we agreed he would take them i could have supervised visits anytime providing i take a parenting class to arrange a new custody situation and i have completed that class a couple of years ago and its still an ongiong fight for me to see them what should i do to fix this i want both of us to take care of them but not his parents how should i go about fighting for a better custody agreement
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Amber, and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name isXXXXX am an Attorney, and will be glad to help, but first I need a bit more information, if you do not mind,

Please number your Answers to corresspond with the questions below

1. When you say, "...we all live in Nevada.........." do you mean your sons, their father and you ? Where do the grandparents live ?

2. You refer to te custody arrangement as an "Agreement" and then an "Order", Did a Judge award custody and enter an "Order" or was your Custody Agreement" entered as an Order ?

3. Did CPS make any recommendations ? If so, what were they ?

4. Have you and your sons lived in Nevada for more than 6 months ?

5. I would like to look for free legal services for you without repeting your efforts, so please tell me the exact name of the 2 agencies/organizations you spoke to regarding legal assistance

Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes my sons,they're father,and I all live in reno nevada as well as they're grandparents. when I had the cps case because of him falling my court appointed attorney told me it was best to agree on they're father having sole physical custody and to go back to court once i finished the parenting class so yes it was a custody agreement and cps had shut the case once I had agreed to sign sole physical custody to him and joint legal custody they're only recomendation was to let me have supervised visits until further arrangments were made.we have all have lived in nevada for more than six months the custody order was made in california. i had lived there at the time but its been two years since i have moved back to nevada i have full custody of my other two children who i had after we broke up and the agencies were called washoe legal services and nevada legal services i have also tried the lawyer in the library but didnt get anywhere

Expert:  ANDREA, replied 2 years ago.
I will be right with you
Expert:  ANDREA, replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Amber,

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Since the children have lived in Nevada for more than 6 months, you have satisfied the Nevada residency requirements. You should first ask the California Court which entered the Custody Order to transfer the case to the Family Court in the County in which you presently reside in Nevada.

2. Then, file a Petition to Modify Custody with the Nevada Family Court in your County where your case was transferred. Your Petition to Modify Custody should allege, among other things, that you have completed the parenting classes and if they issued some kind of Certificate of Completion, or anything to indicate your completion of the parenting classes, attach that as an Exhibit. Then be sure to allege that the fatheer permits you only limited visitation, if any; that the father has told you and the children that he does not want you to be part of their lives; that although the father was awarded custody, the children are not with him, nor does he take care of them; that the father has relinquished the care of the children to his parents, ( Names of his parents who take care of the children) ; that the grandparents will not allow you to visit with your children; that the grandparents have also told you and the children that they do not want you to be part of your sons' lives; that both the father and his parents have alienated the children from you ; that the father and his parents discourage any relationship between you and your sons.

3. Contact the following organiations and ask for "Pro Bono" Attorney. These re Attorneys who volunteer their time to represent individuals who ordinarily could not fford private counsel:

Nevada Bar Association Lawyer Referral - http://www.nvbar.org/

LAS VEGAS
Clark County Legal Services - Clark County Pro Bono Project
800 S 8th St
Las Vegas, NV
Zipcode: 89101
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Fax:(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Neada Law Help:

http://www.lawhelp.org/NV/StateSubTopics.cfm/County/%20/City/%20/demoMode/%3D%201/Language/1/State/NV/TextOnly/N/ZipCode/%20/LoggedIn/0/iTopicID/698/sTopicImage/familyjuvenile.gif/bAllState/0

Nevada Legal Aid:

http://www.bestlegaleads.com/index.php?module=leadmanager&command=begin&link=LegalAid

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service, if you need anything further, please use the "Reply" button to let me know

ANDREA

Expert:  ANDREA, replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Amber,

I found this link after I sent you my Answer. If you click on the link it will take you to Washoe County Family Court and the website tells you where to get forms that you can fill in and file with the FamilyCourt:

http://www.nvlawdirectory.org/org/org057.html

I see that you have read the Answer I posted yesterday. I would appreciate it if you would rate the service I provided, otherwise, I will not receive credit for y time and effort in researching your questions and furnishing you with Answers, I hop you can understand my position,

ANDREA

ANDREA,, Lawyer
Experience: 25 yrs Family Law, Real Estate & Business Law, Criminal Defense, Immigration, Employment Law