JPEsq.
JPEsq., Lawyer
Experience:  Published articles on family law, featured in several publications for successful trial work.
14397910

can i file annulment in california. i am naturalized citizen

can i file annulment in california. i am naturalized citizen since 2006 and have been living in california for 10 years, separated since 2006, ex husband living in philippines. diagnosed with mental illness due to illegal drugs.

You would not qualify for annulment under those circumstances. You were married too long and there is no basis for annulment given what you have said.

So you would have to refile for another divorce in the county that you currently reside in. It should be relatively painless as you have been separated 6 years and he is out of the country. The only difficulty you may run into is serving him, if you don't know where he is.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,my follow up question about yesterday...
if you need me to re sent my question please let me know
I did not see any other questions from you. Please resend it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you for your prompt response,

my follow up question is, since we separated in 2006 , and just now filing for another divorce , would the judge grant him another spousal support? knowing what kind of a person he is, i am 100% sure that he will exhaust all his effort to get money from me again. i already paid him for 3 years. but i still owe a few thousand ...but as i said, the case was dismissed.

so, that's all i am concerned about. our marriage is only 8 years ( from 1998 to 2006

I would need to know a lot more about the circumstances, but PROBABLY not. Because your marriage was only 8 years, and you have already paid for 3 years, it would be somewhat unusual to pay support for much longer than that.