Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.

I caught my husband with a woman in a sexual position in NC while were there for the weeke

I caught my husband with a woman in a sexual position in NC while were there for the weekend. I have filed for divorce on the grounds of adultery. He is still traveling back and forth from Florence, SC to continue seeing her. We have three young children together. Do I have the right to sue her for being the cause of my divorce?

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The answer is "Yes". Although most states have curtailed the practice, suing a lover in NC for being the cause of a divorce is still alive and kicking. The suit is called "Alienation of Affection" and alleges that the paramour has committed a civil tort and is therefore liable for damages. I would speak to a local attorney who has filed these types of suits in the past. Calling the NC bar for a referral to an attorney in that area of expertise may be your best bet. Good luck!

SoloLawyer :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,