Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

I am hoping for some more insight... We just received a counter-proposal

I am hoping for some more insight... We just received a counter-proposal that doesn't allow for phone time for 8 weeks or any visitation for 4 months. She is now claiming domestic abuse. Does she have to have any proof of this if it was to go to court or is it just her word against his? Just wondering if it is worth it financially to fight it... If odds are we are going to lose, we can't afford the attorney. She is trying to make a case that he is an unfit parent without any proof.

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. She can allege domestic abuse, but unless she has some sort of proof, it is doubtful the Judge will believe her. Testimony alone can count as proof, but better proof would be police reports, hospital bills, pictures of injuries, testimony from witnesses, etc. Without those types of proof, I doubt testimony alleging vague "abuse" will be effective in swaying the Judge's opinoin.

SoloLawyer :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

Michael