Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

I was born in louisianna. I am now 40. And my mother has passed

I was born in louisianna. I am now 40. And my mother has passed away. I did not find my biological father until she died. We did a dna test. And he is in fact my father. My mom put my sisters fathers name on my birth certificate as my father. I am hoping to have my birth certificate changed to reflect my biological fathers name. And i would like to have my last name changed to his (on my birth certificate) can u please tell me what steps i need to take to do this? Would i need to get an attorney involved? The man on my birth certificate is still alive. Ive tried speaking to vital records in LA. But no one will return my calls. I need help! Thank you

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. It appears as if you will need to modify the birth certificate. Here is the form online: http://jacksonparishclerk.org/documents/forms/Application%20to%20Amend%20Certificate%20of%20Birth.pdf Obviously you will need to show that the name on the certificate is incorrect and the only way I think you could do this is by showing the paternity test and/or a ruling from a local court there in Louisiana. I would strongly suggest contacting a local attorney as I'm not sure you'll be able to handle this on your own.

SoloLawyer :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

Michael

Customer: Thank you for your concern and answer. Since i live in delaware. Could you recommend an attorney in louisianna?
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience: Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
I am sorry, we cannot make referrals to attorneys, it is forbidden by the site rules and state bar rules. You can find a Louisiana attorney in the parish you need at http://www.martindale.com