Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.

My husband & I married on Nov.3,1995 , have been separated

My husband & I married on Nov.3,1995 , have been separated since Feb.26,2003.
Am I entitled to any alimony payments, since he hasn't wanted to get on with this divorce. I'm a single mother raising 3 kids.

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

You are not entitled to any alimony payments until you file for the divorce. At that time, alimony can be issued in the form of "pendente lite" payments, which would be made to you before the divorce is final. At the conclusion, the regular and ongoing support would be awarded. As it stands now, you can't force him to support you without going ahead and filing. I'm sorry. !

SoloLawyer :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,