Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.

can a mother bring her child from new york to another state

can a mother bring her child from new york to another state without the fathers permission even if his name is XXXXX XXXXX birth certificate?

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

The mother can do whatever she wants with the child until a Court rules otherwise in this situation. She has legal custody of the child and may take the child where she pleases.

SoloLawyer :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

SoloLawyer :

Are you there?

yes i am

SoloLawyer :

Okay. Do you have any further questions?

sorry just figured this out.if she stays in massachusetts does she have to file for custody?

SoloLawyer :

She doesn't have to file for anything - she is the biological mother. The father will have to establish his rights through the court, not her.