Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

How do I file a complaint against a DSS caseworker about lieing

How do I file a complaint against a DSS caseworker about lieing under oath?

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

As far as perjury goes, that would be up to the State to try and pursue. To file a complaint, you would need to contact the DSS commissioner as you said you already did. The problem is that they probably hear these types of complaints multiple times a day and may not take it as seriously as it is.

SoloLawyer :

Are you there?

SoloLawyer :

I'm going to switch this to Q&A because I believe you are having a problem posting. Hold tight.

Customer:

Sorry I was on the phone!

Customer:

Right, I have not heard back from the commissioner yet!

Customer:

I am still here

Customer:

are you there?

Customer:

I want to take legal action now. How do I do that?

Customer:

What do I have to do if to see if the state will take action/

If you wanted the worker to be prosecuted criminally, you would have to take the case to the District Attorney yourself. In all honesty, this is not a high profile type of case and they may just refuse to prosecute it. It's worth a try though.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the information! Is there any other suggestions you may have?
Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, other than speaking with the Commissioner and the DA, I don't really see any other options.

As I mentioned, this is not going to be a high profile case for the DA, so that is almost surely going to end up as a dead end. If you can show the Commissioner that the person perjured them self in court, you may get somewhere. But, for that to happen, you'll need to prove absolutely that it was a lie. That is often hard to do.

I wish you the best of luck!

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

Michael