SoloLawyer
SoloLawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Missisippi Attorney; Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury, and Civil Defense

How do I file a complaint against a DSS caseworker about lieing

How do I file a complaint against a DSS caseworker about lieing under oath?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 1 year ago.

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

As far as perjury goes, that would be up to the State to try and pursue. To file a complaint, you would need to contact the DSS commissioner as you said you already did. The problem is that they probably hear these types of complaints multiple times a day and may not take it as seriously as it is.

SoloLawyer :

Are you there?

SoloLawyer :

I'm going to switch this to Q&A because I believe you are having a problem posting. Hold tight.

Customer:

Sorry I was on the phone!

Customer:

Right, I have not heard back from the commissioner yet!

Customer:

I am still here

Customer:

are you there?

Customer:

I want to take legal action now. How do I do that?

Customer:

What do I have to do if to see if the state will take action/

Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 1 year ago.
If you wanted the worker to be prosecuted criminally, you would have to take the case to the District Attorney yourself. In all honesty, this is not a high profile type of case and they may just refuse to prosecute it. It's worth a try though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information! Is there any other suggestions you may have?
Expert:  SoloLawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, other than speaking with the Commissioner and the DA, I don't really see any other options.

As I mentioned, this is not going to be a high profile case for the DA, so that is almost surely going to end up as a dead end. If you can show the Commissioner that the person perjured them self in court, you may get somewhere. But, for that to happen, you'll need to prove absolutely that it was a lie. That is often hard to do.

I wish you the best of luck!

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

Michael
SoloLawyer, Lawyer
Experience: Licensed Missisippi Attorney; Criminal Law, Family Law, Personal Injury, and Civil Defense