Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

My ex wife has custody of our son, on our divorce decree it

My ex wife has custody of our son, on our divorce decree it states that I have unlimited visitation rights. I have been trying to contact her and she is ignoring me, and states that I cannot see him. I know that legally she is in the wrong, I have tried contacting DHS and local family court,they have no answers for me. How do I legally get her to let me see and talk to my son?

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

When you say "unlimited", what do you mean? Does it say that the two of you have to agree on liberal visitation?

Customer:

I can see him whenever, there is no limitations

Customer:

she is upset with me and not letting me see or talk to him, she states that I am too unstable, but that is not for her to decide correct?

Customer:

i used to have him 3 days a week, basically see him or have whenever i wanted

Customer:

I call everyday, I send texts asking to see him and she does not reply

SoloLawyer :

Okay, thank you.

Customer:

we ae so split holidays, etc..

Customer:

are to

SoloLawyer :

Your remedy would be to file a motion of Contempt with the Court. You need to start notating when she is ignoring you, how many times, what her excuses are, etc. Then speak to a local family law attorney and file contempt charges, alleging very specifically what she has been doing. The court can force her to let you see the child or face fines/jail time.

Customer:

so find a family law attorney and have them file contempt of court charges

SoloLawyer :

Yes.

Customer:

thats what i thought but i didnt know if i needed a lawyer to do that or i could file it myse

Customer:

lf

SoloLawyer :

Great. If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

Michael

Customer:

Thanks Michael