Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.

Does it serve any useful purpose to write a letter to the State

Does it serve any useful purpose to write a letter to the State Bar of Texas to explain and complain how I was treated and represented during my divorce 15 years ago? I am not expecting any money for damages or anything like that because this is way past the statute of limitations. My main grievance is the fact that all five of my attorneys, including the mediator and judges, sided with the monied party (my ex husband) and completely ignored my legitimate concerns and had me sign papers depriving me of community property and decent child support. Thank you for your comments.

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I'm going to be completely honest - I don't think it will do you any good. Here's why: for your letter to be effective, it would have to allege some SPECIFIC grounds for ethical violations or malpractice committed by your previous attorneys. While generally you may believe that they didn't have your best interests at hear, it has been 15 years and you don't have any proof of any actual ethical violations. It's up to you whether you write the letter or not, but my advice is to try to put this behind you and come to terms with living a positive and happy life moving forward!

SoloLawyer :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

I think I have some paperwork that they made me sign back then (coercion) that would show that the attorneys and mediators were in bad faith. I appreciate the response you gave to me. I have moved on with my life, thank goodness, but I will never forget this misrepresentation. I will rate you highly.