Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.

in texas is there any way or issue you can use to get out of

in texas is there any way or issue you can use to get out of the 60 day "cooling off " period for a divorce? I have been seperated from my wife for 6 years

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

When you say "separated", do you mean legally separated? Or just living apart?

Hello, I am a customer service representative posting on behalf of the customer who is unable to view the chat. Please click on the 'Switch to Q&A' link at the top of the page to change the format of the page from Live Chat to Q&A so that the customer can access your reply and also please repost your reply as a new answer or info request. Thank you.

I switched to Q&A to make this easier to read.

My reply was:

When you say "separated", do you mean legally separated? Or just living apart?. If you could answer this, we can continue our conversation.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
living apart sir
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
living apart
Thank you.

Unfortunately, the 60 day period is required by law. It is intended to do one of two things:

1) Give you time to reconsider the divorce and possibly stay together.
2) Give you time to work out issues concerning custody, alimony, assets, etc.

I'm sorry for the bad news, but you will have to wait the 60 days!

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,