Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

My ex wie is getting ready to sue my for reinstating her spousal

My ex wie is getting ready to sue my for reinstating her spousal support. My worry is that I wont know when the court date is, not show up and there by lose by default. How will I get servd will I have to sign someing showing I know the court date? Btw ths is all in california.
Hello -

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

No, you won't have to sign something. You will have to be personally served though so you should get notice. If you are not served properly and you find out that she went ahead without you, you can have any decree nullified based on lack of personal jurisdiction over you (you didn't know anything about it).

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,

Michael