LADY LAWYER, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Family Law Attorney

My 15 year old daughter, a faternal twin, has wanted to live

My 15 year old daughter, a faternal twin, has wanted to live in OK with me, her father. She has lived with her mother in CA since our divorce in 2002 and only visited OK on her school vacations. I have another child (5YO) with my current wife. My 15 year old daughter has NOT done well in school and isn't treated very well by her twin sister and older (18) brother. How much influence does she have in the decision as to where she will live?

LADY LAWYER : Hello, Thanks for choosing! I look forward to helping you today. Please give me a moment to review your question and to answer you.
LADY LAWYER : A 15 year old will have a very persuasive argument on which parent they want to live with when it comes down to the judge.
LADY LAWYER : 15-16 is when the court really takes the child's opinion into account, even over the objection of the parent.
LADY LAWYER : Of course, the judge always has to go by what is in the best interest of the child, but she seems to have some valid points on why she wants to live with you.

It might be worth my time and expence to pursue

LADY LAWYER : Further, it has been long enough after the divorce so that you would have standing to ask for a modification.
LADY LAWYER : Yes, I would say it would be worth it.

Thank you

LADY LAWYER : If she had a good relationship with her twin sister, you may have had a bit of an uphill battle, but since she doesn't, I would say you at least have a 75% chance or more here.
LADY LAWYER : You are very welcome! If you have any further questions about this, I am of course more than happy to keep assisting you! If not, please consider leaving me an excellent service rating as the rating system determines our employ with the site. If you need anything further at all, please reply before you consider a negative rating. Thank you!

I will