Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.

how much and how long should a man get suport from hi wife

how much and how long should a man get suport from hi wife he stoped working 11 years ago to raise the kids no income she makes 206000 ayear have been maried for 22 years

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

The exact amount varies based on these factors as enumerated by Florida law. You're marriage is deemed a "long-term" marriage and the court will consider:

SoloLawyer :

a) The standard of living enjoyed by the couple;

b) The duration of the marriage;

c) Age and physical and mental condition of the parties;

d) The financial resources of each party;

e) Earning capacity, as well as education, skills and employability of the parties;

f) Contributions by the parties to the marriage;

g) Any other factors the court determines are relevant to an equitable alimony arrangement.

SoloLawyer :

Since your marriage is long term, you don't work because you raised the kids, and she makes so much, you will probably be entitled to Permanent alimony. The amount of which would be basically enough to allow you to live and enjoy a similar lifestyle as to that you enjoyed during the marriage.

would ssi chang that

SoloLawyer :

SSI would be considered under (f) that I mentioned above, yes.

ok thanks i dont wish to have this auto renew member can you see its just this month?

SoloLawyer :

Is there anything else I can answer for you?

SoloLawyer :

Okay. No, I don't have that info, you can contact customer service and they can tell you thought!

SoloLawyer :

If I can answer anything further, let me know. Remember, I'm here to help and your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you don't have any questions and you valued my time, I'd ask you to consider rating me positively.

Take care,