How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David L Your Own Question
David L
David L, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3255
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney in multiple jurisdictions
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
David L is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex daughter-inlaw has told my son that she wants to help

This answer was rated:

My ex daughter-inlaw has told my son that she wants to help him out so that he does have to pay child support. That his daughter wants the same last name as her half sisters. That her current husband wants to adopt his daughter. Would my son have to give up all parental rights in order for the curret husband to adopt? Is there anyway that some type of visitation could be stipulted and enforced if the adoption were to take place? I am very leary of all this "help". We love this child and do not want to loose our ability to be in her life.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. The nature of a legal adoption is that the biological parent's rights are terminated at the time of the adoption. It is possible that the parties can mutually agree to a visitation schedule at the time of the adoption. The parties are free to agree to any terms that are acceptable to all parties involved. You can probably even incorporate the terms of any visitation agreement into the final adoption decree.

I hope this information is helpful, but please feel free to post additional questions or comments if I can assist you further. My goal is that you are 100% satisfied with the service you receive from me.
David L and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions