Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

my child will be 21 years old 8-30-2012. How do I stop child

my child will be 21 years old 8-30-2012. How do I stop child support withholding from my employer?
Hello, my name is Ely. I am here to help you. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a reply. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice; and (2) my function is to give you honest information and not to tell you what you necessarily wish to hear.

In Texas, you will need to file a quick Motion to Terminate Withholding From Child Support in the Court, serve the other party, and have a quick hearing. For your convenience, I am including the motion below:

Once this is done, the Court will then terminate the child support order and relieve you of your liability for payment. Unfortunately, Texas makes it so that the onus falls on you to file the motion; it is not automatic.

IMPORTANT INFO: I hope this finds you well. Please use REPLY TO EXPERT to keep talking, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces because this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects negatively on me as an expert even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. Do not worry, you may always ask follow ups free after rating.