Michael J, Esq.
Michael J, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney - represented hundreds of clients in criminal cases, family law disputes, traffic issues, and general legal issues. Youth Court Prosecutor.
18210975

I am trying to regain custody of my 2 year old from my parents

I am trying to regain custody of my 2 year old from my parents. I served them and their attorney replied asking for the case to be dismissed. What do I do now?

SoloLawyer :

Hello - Thank you for contacting JustAnswer. My name is Michael; I look forward to helping you with your family law problem today.

SoloLawyer :

At this point you would need to contact the clerk of court and have the custody hearing set for a date on the docket. When the date is set, you'll need to notice the other party and then you will show up on that date and have your hearing regarding custody.

Customer:

So just because they asked to have it dismissed, it won't be correct? Do I need to respond to their response?

SoloLawyer :

Hello? Can you tell me why you rated me badly? I would ask that you reserve your rating until we have completed this conversation.

SoloLawyer :

Your satisfaction is guaranteed.

Customer:

i asked a question and you have failed to answer it. then you just left the chat??? that is not professional nor is it okay with me to give you a positive rating when you do that. I apologize I did not wait until we were done speaking. i thought that you had left becasue you had not replied. If I had gotten an answer I may have had a more positive rating.