Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney

I am in the military and so is my husband, we were married

I am in the military and so is my husband, we were married in NC but I am a resident of TX. I have been told that i can file for divorce in TX since i am a resident, and I am just wondering how do I go about that?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear that you are considering filing for a divorce.

As long as you are in agreement with your husband and agree on all the issues, you can file a petition in the local family court and also use the forms on the self-help website to proceed with your petition.

Here is the link:
Do you have any related follow up questions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So, even though we were married in NC, I can still file in TX? Also, I am currently stationed in Germany, so what is the process? Do i have to go to the states to do anything or can it be done by correspondence?
Thank you for your follow up.

As long as you have been a resident of Texas for the last 6 month, you can file for divorce in Texas.

However, you cannot do this by correspondence and either you or your husband will have to be present in court for your final hearing.