Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

How do obtain a copy of my childs social security card, I

How do obtain a copy of my child's social security card, I am te non-custodial parent?
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. Kindly use CONTINUE or REPLY button to ask for clarification or follow-up questions.

Is your arrangement about claiming your child on your tax return approved by the Court?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes it is set I our custody agreement.

Thank you for the information.

Your Question:

Optional Information:
State/Country relating to question: Arizona

Already Tried:
I went to the social security office in Arizona with a copy of my child's birth certificate and they tell me I need that and shot records which I also can't obtain from my x. He refuses to give me her shot records or her social security number. This year was my turn to claim her for income taxes and because I didn't have her social security number he claimed her, the main reason why he won't give it to me. I am so frustrated I don't know hat to do.

Response: You need file Contempt action against him with the Court that issued the Judgment. He would ordered to show cause why he should be held in Contempt of Court and put in jail for refusing to provide you with a copy of the child 's Social Security Card so that you can claim the child on your tax returns. The Court would force him to release the information to you and may also force him to amend his tax returns to remove the child so that you can claim the child on your returns as decreed by the Court.

The forms for filing the Contempt are available at the Courthouse in the Clerk's Office. I searched the Court's website, but I was not able to find the forms.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much. I will be filing said forms. You have been a huge help!
You are quite Welcome!

All the best,