max713
max713, Lawyer
Experience:  I am responsive, respectful, and relentless.
68040893

my husband and I have agreed to separate--with divorce the

my husband and I have agreed to separate--with divorce the most likely outcome later on. We have verbally agreed upon property division, finances and are looking for a mediator as I want to be protected legally before I move out. My question is: do I need to leave anything in the house so that I am not seen as "deserting"? Is it better to take everything when I leave? we live in NJ and are amiable currently--neither of us wishes to screw the other; we just want to move on. his 2 adult children currently live with us; we have no children and have agreed that he will take on the house payments and upkeep.

max713 :

Hi, I'm trained and experienced in family law, and I would love to help you through your current situation.

max713 :

That arrangement should be fine.

max713 :

If you don't want to be seen as having abandoned it, you should sign an agreement to that effect.

max713 :

... say "I am not abandoning the property but complying with property division per settlement agreement".

max713 :

Does that make sense?

max713 :

Since I see that you've entered twice and been unable to respond, I will assume that there were technical difficulties; hence, I will to a Q & A forum - and you can respond there.

max713 :

"switch to"

Customer:

yes. do I need to leave anything here or would that verbage be sufficient

max713 :

That verbiage should suffice.

max713 :

I will now switch to Q & A to accommodate you - through technical difficulties it seems you are experiencing.

Customer:

great thank you

Please respond here; sorry for technical difficulties in the chat forum.
You are most welcome.