max713
max713, Lawyer
Experience:  I am responsive, respectful, and relentless.
68040893

I need to know if I have rights to see my father, because my

I need to know if I have rights to see my father, because my half sister has taken out of the nursing home and will not tell me where she moved him. Also, she is diagnosis with MS and I was wondering if I have grounds to take power of attorney away from her. The women who claims to be his wife is not legally his wife so she has no say so over it.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  max713 replied 2 years ago.

max713 :

Hi, I'm trained and experienced in family law, and I would love to help you through your current situation.

max713 :

She cannot stop you from seeing your father unless a restraining order or no contact order was filed against you.

max713 :

As far as your second question, you can petition to terminate the power of attorney as long as you are an "interested party", and you almost certainly would be (since he's your father).

max713 :

Does that make sense?

Customer:

yes, but how do I go about doing that when I don't even know where he is at. Because she has MS and I feel she can not take care of him

max713 :

I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

max713 :

While you have a legal right to see him, she is not required to tell you where he is without court order.

Customer:

so how do I find him

max713 :

You could petition to terminate power of attorney; at that point, you could send her an interrogatory OR depose her, at which time she would have to tell you where he is.

max713 :

This is not a simple process, though.

max713 :

Do you qualify for legal services (i.e. are you below the poverty line).

max713 :

?

max713 :

They can negotiate with his POA, to let you know his whereabouts.

max713 :

Otherwise, you can hire an attorney to negotiate with her.

Customer:

ok do you know the number to where I can find the legal services

max713 :

Good question. Where are you in Texas?

Customer:

San Antonio

max713 :

One minute please.

max713 :

www.trla.org/

max713 : (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
Customer:

thank you so much

max713 :

You are most welcome.

max713 :

Please rate me, so I will be compensated.

max713, Lawyer
Experience: I am responsive, respectful, and relentless.