Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
19958803

How can you stop a divorce from being completed if both parties

How can you stop a divorce from being completed if both parties agree to get back together? The FL-180 has been issued and the final date is Dec 16, 2012.
.
Thank you for using JA. If a person wants to dismiss the case before the judgment is finalized, the plaintiff can file a Form CIV-110 Request for Dismissal and Form CIV-120 Notice of Entry of Dismissal and Proof of Service.
.
Link to forms:
.
http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/civ110.pdf
.
http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/civ120.pdf
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please remember to rate my answer. I will gladly continue our discussion until you have gotten the information you need.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” or “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes. But rest assured, I will get back to you.

.

I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So my wife will have to submit these to the court and it should end the divorce? She is the one who filed the papers to start with and what needs to be filed in to stop?
Yes, the party who filed for divorce would have to submit them before any judgment is final. Once submitted, it would result in the tentative judgment being dismissed and the divorce would not be finalized.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated. Just a few more questions these forms are good in any county in California? and no other paperwork is needed? And it would cancel the FL-180 court order that is in place for now?
Yes, they are generic CA forms good in any county. The petitioner actually fills in their own county.
.
No, just those two forms are all that are needed.
.
And yes, as long as the judgment is not final, it will dismiss it.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
On the form question number one. What do we fill in for the request?
I would put "with prejudice" which means that it can't be reinstated and would have to start all over again should either party change their mind. Then I would put the "entire action of all parties and all causes of action" so it dismisses everything that anyone filed.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.

.

.